I really struggled to think of a suitable title for this post. There are so many things about this innovative tent concept that you just can’t describe it with a few words.
Anyway let’s get started:
1. Do you notice that the tent is glowing in night as shown in the image to left? Now isn’t that cool. Here is how exactly it works. You send a SMS to your tent and it starts glowing to tell you its location, so that you don’t loose it 🙂
2. This tent uses a special fabric to capture solar energy which can then further be used in many ways in your tent.
3. Wi-Fi and Mobile Charging – Yes true you have wi-fi inside this tent to use internet and you have a charging facility to charge mobiles or any portable device. Charging is done by using magnetic induction so no wires are required.
4. Internal Heating – Now the energy generated by the tent can also be used to automatically heat tent’s groundsheet once the interior temperature falls below a set level.
This tent concept is a vision by Orange
and has been designed in association with Kaleidoscope
. For official Press Release click here
Now I don’t know how many people will actually like to use wi-fi or charge their mobiles while camping but I think automatic heating, night glow will definitely be handy and charging can be used to charge cameras as well. So let me know what do you think about this tent concept? Thanks for reading 🙂
Mobile World Congress 09 is over and as expected there were lot of product and technology launches, you can read Marin Perez’s post for a quick round up of the event.
So I am not going to talk about MWC here, but I am going to talk about something which is equally exciting and that is a new mobile phone called INQ1. INQ1 won the award for Best Mobile Handset beating likes of Nokia E71 and T-Mobile G1.
INQ1 is first phone launched by a company called INQ
. INQ likes to call its phone a Social Mobile
as it has Skype, Facebook, Windows Messenger and Last FM
built right in. For a test drive of this wonderful phone head right here
I think these phones will have a mass appeal not just because they are really great, I hear the pricing is equally great as well. You should be able to lay hands on these phones by shelling out just little over $100. Now that will really help in this recession 🙂
Before ending my post I would like to mention about very interesting approach to packaging of this phone. In their own words they chose to turn its packaging into an object to cherish, not chuck
, so an artistic illustration is what you find on the box cover. For more details about their ART connection click here
To sum up they have got the concept right, have got the pricing right and have even got the packaging right. Oh my god – I really love this company.
Today Microsoft announced the general availability of its BizTalk RFID Mobile integration software, which it released in beta form in April. The software enables mobile computers and other devices that run either the Windows Mobile 5.0 or Windows CE 5.0 operating systems to integrate data directly into Microsoft’s BizTalk server environment.
BizTalk RFID Mobile empowers businesses by giving their workers tools to make them more efficient and more productive,” Microsoft senior product manager for application platform Paul Sanford told RFID Update. “We are seeing very diverse adoption, both by industry and size of company.”
As an example, Sanford described how RiteCare, a pharmacy chain in India, used the beta version of BizTalk RFID Mobile to support its growing operations. The 10-store chain uses RFID to identify incoming shipments at its warehouse, cross dock shipments to stores when goods are needed quickly, and to manage warehouse inventory. Working with S3Edge, a Microsoft partner in India, RiteCare created an RFID system that went from pilot to production in just four weeks.
I am going to talk about 2 interesting but India specific Google offerings here. Although Indians don’t SMS/text as much as they used to in good old days, there are reasons to chear courtesy Google. These 2 SMS services are called:
1. Google SMS Channels
– Here you can create a Channel or SMS Group and all the subscribers will be getting the channel content by SMS for free. Now this Channel can pull content from Google News and Google groups so once you point your channel to any group or news, you will be getting new content automatically by SMS. Cool isn’t it? But it does not end there – You can even pull content from your or any blogger powered blog or any RSS source, but the best part is that you can use the channel to send same SMS message to all your friends and contacts. You can just create a personal channel and invite all your contacts to it and when you post message to channel via web or by SMS it will reach everybody. So practically you can now send multiple SMSes at the cost of one sms or even for free if you use web option. Try now
2. Google SMS Search
– Google SMS search is plain, simple and straight-forward like all things Google. You just need to send you search query as sms to Google India No. 9-77-33-00000
and they send you search results by sms immediately. I have tried it and it really works and here is one more Google advantage for you – since this is a normal 10 digit no and not a special no, probably you will be charged for sending only a normal sms, which is as low as 10 paise with some SMS plans. So probably Google is not looking to rip you off by having a special 4 or 5 digit no.
BTW you can use Google search for many useful things beside search like – cricket scores, Indian Railways train schedules & ticket status, PNR, horoscopes, movie showtimes, restaurant information and more. For more info you can go here
Oh I forgot to tell you, you can subscribe
to my blog by SMS from here